Don't Swallow Your Gum – Press Release
Myths, Half-truths, and Outright Lies About Your Body and Health
By Dr. Aaron Carroll and Dr. Rachel Vreeman
People have more access to medical information than ever before, and yet we still believe “facts” about our bodies and health that are just plain wrong. DON’T SWALLOW YOUR GUM! (Griffin; June 2009; ISBN 0-312-53387-X; Paperback; $13.95) by Dr. Aaron E. Carroll and Dr. Rachel C. Vreeman takes on these myths and misconceptions, and exposes the truth behind some of those weird and worrisome things we think about our bodies.
Did you know?
- That your hair and nails don’t continue to grow after you die.
- If you shave your hair it will not grow back faster and thicker
- Using antiperspirants does not cause cancer
- Vitamin C, Echinacea, and Zinc will not help you prevent getting a cold.
- Single people do not have better sex lives than married couples
- Walkers don’t help your baby learn how to walk faster
- Sugar does not make kids hyper
- If you pick up food within five seconds of hitting the floor, it’s not safe
- You do not have to wait an hour after you eat before swimming
- Strangers don’t poison kids’ Halloween candy
With the perfect blend of authoritative research and a breezy, accessible tone, DON’T SWALLOW YOUR GUM is full of enlightening, practical, and quirky facts that will prove wrong some of the most perennial misconceptions we believe about our health and well-being.Don’t Swallow Your Gum! Myths, Half-Truths, and Outright Lies About Your Body and Health By Dr. Aaron Carroll & Dr. Rachel Vreeman Publication Date: May 28, 2009 St. Martin’s Griffin // Trade Paperback 0-312-53387-X // $13.95 // 240 pgs
TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL REVIEW COPIES AND/OR AN INTERVIEW WITH AN AUTHOR, PLEASE CONTACT:Nadea Mina, Publicist T: 646-307-5573 Nadea.Mina@StMartins.com
PLEASE SEND TWO TEARSHEETS OF ANY REVIEW OR MENTION
DON’T SWALLOW YOUR GUM! – PRESS RELEASE