Don’t Cross Your Eyes…They’ll Get Stuck That Way
The ultimate myth-busting collection of quirky and curious facts about your body and health
In 2009, Drs. Aaron Carroll and Rachel Vreeman explored a wide range of myths and misconceptions about our bodies and health in DON’T SWALLOW YOUR GUM!, the media hit that was featured on national television programs and in countless print and online media outlets. Two years later, they’re delving specifically into the many myths we believe about getting sick and staying healthy; the lies we are fed about the common cold, the flu, arthritis, diabetes, stress, vaccines, vitamins, and more.
Entries dispel the following myths (and more!):
- Airplane travel will make you sick
- Airborne, Echinacea, Vitamin C, Honey, Neti pots, (fill in the blank) will cure your cold
- Sitting too close to the TV will ruin your eyes
- Kids at daycare catch more colds than other children
- Eating too much sugar causes diabetes
- Caffeine stunts your growth
Each of the 100+ entries will blend Carroll and Vreeman’s authoritative research with breezy humor, in snappy, easily-understandable entries. A must-have for physicians, parents, mythbusters, germaphobes, and anyone interested in quirky medical information.