Don’t Swallow Your Gum! Myths, Half-truths, and Outright Lies About Your Body and Health
The truth behind all those weird and worrisome things you think about your body – EXPOSED!
Face it. You have more access to medical information than ever before, and yet you still believe “facts” about your body and health that are just plain wrong.
DON’T SWALLOW YOUR GUM! takes on these myths and misconceptions, and exposes the truth behind some of those weird and worrisome things we think about our bodies.
A few of the dispelled myths include:
- You need to drink eight glasses of water a day
- Chewing gum stays in your stomach for seven years
- You can catch poison ivy from someone who has it
- If you drop food on the floor and pick it up within five seconds, it’s safe to eat
- Strangers often poison kids’ Halloween candy
- Men with big feet have big penises
- Sugar makes kids hyper
- Eating at night makes you fat
With the perfect blend of authoritative research and a breezy, accessible tone, DON’T SWALLOW YOUR GUM! is full of enlightening, practical, and quirky facts that will debunk some of the most perennial misconceptions we believe about our health and well-being.